Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Job Fair

So I know I said I was going to the Disney Job fair last weekend...however, I was wrong. It wasn't actually scheduled last week. It is this week. So, I decided to go down there today and check it out. It went really well. It was a real experience, from start to finish...I guess as you'd expect from Disney. You walk in to a tent where there are representatives from every department. They each give you a little spill about what they do for their jobs and you get to decide what you'd like to do. I talked to several different people. Talked to one guy that drives the safari truck from that ride I went on at Animal Kingdom a few weeks ago. He even showed me the driver's seat of the truck...:) that was cool. However, I think the best fit for me at Disney this summer is working for the Photo Pass. I get to walk around and take pictures of visitors. I really thought the Photo Pass job was actually going to be based on sales and so I didn't go in today with it in mind. However, I learned that it is not only NOT based on sales, but pays a higher base rate than any of the other jobs they were interviewing for. So...seeing as how Photography is my second passion in life and is the area in which I hold my second degree...I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. The whole process took almost two hours. I'm glad I didn't wait until Saturday to go. Before my actual interview we were put in a little bit of a "holding" area they were playing "A Bugs Life" on the TV and they had sodas, chips, and pretzels for everyone waiting. The whole thing was really relaxed and quite enjoyable. By the time I got to my one on one interview it was past 5:00. People being interviewed for the Photo Pass job have to interview with a member of Administration. So, of course, they all went home at 5 and I have to go back tomorrow for my second interview. I'm less than thrilled about that, but still pretty excited at the prospects. So, hopefully tomorrow I'll know for sure if I have the job. The girl who interviewed me said the people she talked to (about my second interview) were thrilled to have someone with a degree in Photography who was applying for the job. So that's good news. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Chris is also looking into getting a second job. We are just trying to be able to make it comfortably through the summer. He is looking at the prospect of getting a job at a restaurant (probably pizza, because that's where his experience is). I'll keep you updated on that too!

Thanks again for reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us know. Disney does it up right!!! Good luck! A