Friday, May 18, 2007

I'M BEAT...

I have to say, I'm so exhausted, mentally and physically. I expected this to be a really long week but my own expectations were surpassed! This, thank the Lord, was my last full week with my students for this school year! Monday is their last day...I stick around for pretty much the remainder of the week to get my classroom in order and attend meetings and workshops. I am really looking forward to the summer...but not as much as I would be if I had a job!

That said, this is going to be a short post...I'll just get on with it...

I signed off on my observation with my AP earlier this week. He was absolutely FULL of praise for my performance. I actually asked him at one point if he was in the same classroom I was in! He said I had control of the kids and that there was very little down time and for the activity we did, that was great. He did acknowledge the kids who ran around and did all the things I explained to you on my previous blog, but followed by saying that he understood it was in the nature of these students and that he did understand it is the END of the school year. I pretty much anticipated his understanding of all that...but didn't really expect to receive highest possible marks in every area of my report...which I did! :) So that was good.
Today they sent out a list of all the teachers and positions for next year. Next to ESE EMH (my class) There was my name! So, guess they really meant it! They are keeping me :)

About the job search. I filled out an online application for Universal Studios earlier this week. That's how they do their hiring. I still haven't heard anything back. They pay more than any of the other parks so I'm really trying to hold out for them but just can't reasonably wait much longer. I did get a message from my original interviewer at Disney last night. She just said she'd seen they hadn't offered me the PhotoPass position and that she'd like to offer me something in Attractions, if I'm interested. I will call her back if I need to but I really just want to give Universal a few more days! :(

My Mom and Grandmother are down at my Sister's for the weekend (or part of it) and wanted me to come down but I'm really just SOOOOO tired and SOOOOO overwhelmed with all the stuff I've done this week and have yet to do next week, let alone this weekend...It's just not practical. I have to go in to work tomorrow to get finished up on all my report cards I want to be able to print them out first thing Monday morning so the kids can leave after 5th grade graduation, if they want. Don't think I'm that lucky though. I'm pretty sure my one and only 5th grader will be the only one leaving.

Ok, this is getting too long and I'm too tired. So I'm stopping now. Thanks again for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Al, Love your writings, you are doing great. Sorry you did not get to see Mom and Nannie but they understood. Nan and I will be bringing Ben back on May 30th and will stay until June 4th. We will be flying it's cheaper. We are to keep the Boys on Fri. and Sat.
I have a new Shakespear Rod and Reel for Ben when he gets to Camp
it's lightweight and will float.
We are so proud of you and how great you are doing with the class.
Keep writing, we love it.......
Love you, Gran.....