Monday, July 23, 2007

updates and such...

work work sleep...work work sleep...
this seems to be all my life is involving right now. But that's really ok. It keeps me busy and it more or less gives me something to do. Work forces me to be productive, and no matter how much I SERIOUSLY dread it some days, I always do feel accomplished by the time I finish a good shift. It's still going well. I'm really getting the hang of serving and actually enjoy it just as much as being in the kitchen (which was not true at all when I was starting out). I'm much more confident now about how well I am able to do my job, and that does a lot to boost my performance. Overall, it has been a positive experience...but more than anything, it makes me so happy to know that this isn't my "real" job! I can't wait for school to start again! I'm really starting to seriously miss my students! I'm so excited to see how much they've all grown and changed over the summer! And about school starting back, I'm planning to take off shortly after August 1st so I have a few days to recharge and get my internal clock back to a setting that is more appropriate for the schedule I will be keeping! (I start back to work on August 14th if you were wondering)

I know I emailed a picture to Dad about a week ago that he has been so proud of, he's shown it to pretty much anyone who'd look at it. So I'm going to put it up on here and do some of the leg work for him...just incase he left anyone out :)
At this point in time, I have officially lost 45 pounds since before the move to Florida (in December). Here are a couple of "before and 'After' " pictures. The word "After" is not the truest of statements because I still intend to lose about 15 more pounds, but obviously, you can already see a big difference!





I also want to take a minute to say "THANK YOU!" I have always known that I have been TRUELY DEEPLY BLESSED with the very most supportive family and friends in the WORLD! But we often don't think about how much those around us love us and support us until we have a time of need. I cannot being to express how much the cards, letters, and phone calls I have received have meant to me over the past few weeks. I am so thankful to be surrounded by the love and support of so many people! I don't know how I would have gotten through this without you! It has not been an easy time and it will continue to be a challenge for many days, weeks, and months to come. However, it does get "better" with each passing day. Someone told me at some point this week that they have always heard that "Time heals hurt" but that they believe it is not time that heals, but rather what you do with that time. I truly believe this in every way! I strive to be positive each day when I wake up. I strive to be kind and caring rather than bitter and filled with regret. I must admit by the end of each day, it becomes increasingly harder to be positive, but I'm still fighting. Each morning is a fresh start and each new day is an opportunity for growing, healing, and changing. I will not lay blame. I absolutely will not. I really truly want for each of us to be able to lead a life of happiness and belonging. I have said it before and I'm sure I will say it again that I don't want for either of us to ever look on the past with disdain or regret. I want to focus on the lessons we have both been forced to learn. I want nothing more than for us to both emerge from this as "better" people who realize their flaws and now have to time to make the necessary changes to eventually live full and happy lives. So again, thank you for your undying love and support. I will never be able to express what it truly means to me!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are looking so good Allison! Great Job! I love you so very much and am still praying for you.
Elizabeth

jane said...

You look great! Good job! NOTHING is harder than losing weight.

Leila - mommyof4 said...

Allison- I'm so glad to find this blog. I'm always wondering what is going on with you. You look great- I need to lose about 15-20 pounds and I just don't have the will power for it right now! Our family's blog is thecookfamilyzoo.