Monday, March 19, 2007

Absolutely, 100%, believe me when I say this...

Baby sitting is the very best form of birth control possible!!!
I told my sister this after keeping my lovely adorable wonderful nephews for the evening...really, just a few hours...and she asked me what had gone wrong. I politely explained "nothing" they've been wonderful. They ate, took a bath, played, and went to bed all fine...the issue is, I've discovered, that I like my arms, hands, and legs and I absolutely love the ability to do whatever I want with my arms, legs, and hands at any given time. I can honestly say at this point in my life, I NEVER want to give that up.
I love these kids, don't get me wrong but HOLY COW! Having babies, it's non stop. You have to be in motion all the time. And the key to remember is that your motion is never for personal gain! All the things you spend you're entire day doing for yourself you now have to do for someone else, and maybe yourself, if you have the extra time. Time? What's that...it's 15 till 9 and it feels like midnight. How in the world can someone have kids, and work a full time job? I have a whole new list of heros after tonight!!! More power to all you mothers out there!
I have pictures, tons and tons of them. I will post them tomorrow. I have babies sleeping in EVERY room of my house. Warren in my room, Ben in the office, and the dogs in our third room. We're in the living room watching TV with the volume down. Did I mention how much I love my freedom?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your BLOG ! Your writing is as if you were right her with us. Yes children are a full time job, but worth every minute of parents time. Have you heard Julie Walker is PG with twins!, suprise, yes. She is due in Sept. We think it is great that you are in FL and not too far from Ashley. We are looking forward to Wed. and the time we will have with the boys.
Trust all is going well with both of your jobs. Let us hear from you. Love to both of you. Gran and Nan.

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU BOTH!!! Thank you so much for keeping them for me- so that I could have a little bit of FREEDOM!:):):) Ash

Nathan said...

Al, I couldn't agree more. That's why I love to hang out with people who have kids. Great post!